Avoiding a DWI
No one wants to get a DUI, but for some people, a night on the town is impossible without some drinking and driving. New Jersey DUI attorney Matthew Reisig reminds you, it doesn’t have to be. There are number of legal, simple alternatives to consider rather than drunk driving. Consider one of these options on your next night out.
- Keep it dry. A night of sobriety is never a bad thing. For one, you’re sure to remember everything that happened and keep yourself from doing or saying things you’ll later regret. Better still, you’ll never have to hire a New Jersey DUI lawyer to defend yourself from drunk driving charges.
- Stay low. Or at least, keep your BAC low. Only have one alcoholic drink every hour or two. If you keep yourself under control, there’s no reason you can’t have a drink or two before driving.
- Go on a walk. Everyone could use a little more exercise and walking is a great way to get home without risking a DUI. If you walk everywhere, you’ll never end up requiring the services of a New Jersey DUI lawyer.
- Call on a DD. Arrange for a friend to be your designated driver. Be sure they don’t drink throughout the night and remember to thank them. No one wants to be taken for granted, especially when they are doing you a favor.
- Take the NJ Transit. We have a public transportation system for a reason. It’s a great way to get home without any worries –assuming of course the bus you need is still running at the time you need it. Always check the bus schedules before you head out for the night.
- Call a cab. Taxis are a great way to get home without driving. While some people try to use the expense of a taxi as part of their DUI defense in New Jersey, it’s ineffective at best. The truth is, a cab will cost you a lot less money and worry than a DUI.
If you have been accused of drunk driving, don’t take chances with your defense. Contact a New Jersey DUI attorney today to discuss your case.