Second Offense DWI In New Jersey – Penalties & Punishments
If you need help with a 2nd offense DWI, 1,402 of my clients received NO DWI Conviction – CALL ME
** New DWI Law in effect as of 12/1/19 – see below.
- Fine: $500.00 to $1,000.
- Community Service: 30 Days.
- Incarceration: “imprisonment for a term of not less than 48 consecutive hours, which shall not be suspended or served on probation, nor more than 90 days . . .”
- Loss of License: Two Years.
- New Jersey DMV Surcharge: $1,000 per year for three years.
- Ignition Interlock Device: In the Court’s discretion, for one to three years following restoration. This is a device installed on a car that prevents operation if, when blown into, registers a predetermined blood alcohol concentration.
- Revocation of Registration: For two years. The Court must either revoke the registration certificates or require the installation of an Interlock Device (above).
- OTHER FINES & COSTS: $200.00 DWI Enforcement Fund, $50.00 Violent Crime Compensation Board Fund, $75.00 Safe Neighborhood Fund, 200.00 NJ MVC Restoration Charge(s), $150.00 Intoxicated Driver Resource Center (IDRC) Fee(s) (Additional fees for out-patient counseling as referred by the IDRC), and up to $33.00 in Court Costs.
**NEW DWI LAW EFFECTIVE 12/1/19 – – See Below
**2nd DWI in NJ:
- 1 to 2 year license suspension
- Heavy Fines
- Ignition Interlock Device for 2 – 4 years
- Jail Time of 2 days to 90 days.
- See more info on First Offense
- See more info on Third Offense