Third Offense DWI In New Jersey – Penalties & Punishments
If you need help with a 3rd offense DWI, 1,402 of my clients received NO DWI Conviction – CALL ME
**NEW DWI LAW EFFECTIVE 12/1/19 – – See Below
- Fine: $1,000.
- Incarceration: “imprisonment for a term of not less than 180 days . . .”
- Loss of License: Ten Years.
- New Jersey DMV Surcharge: $1,000.00 per year for three years unless the conviction happened within three years of the last one in which case the surcharge is $1,500.00 per year for three years.
- Ignition Interlock Device: In the Court’s discretion, for one to three years following restoration. This is a device installed on a car that prevents operation if, when blown into, registers a predetermined blood alcohol concentration.
- Revocation of Registration: For ten years. The Court must either revoke the registration certificates or require the installation of an Interlock Device (above).
- Other Fines & Costs: $200.00 DWI Enforcement Fund, $50.00 Violent Crime Compensation Board Fund, $75.00 Safe Neighborhood Fund, 200.00 NJ MVC Restoration Charge(s), $150.00 Intoxicated Driver Resource Center (IDRC) Fee(s) (Additional fees for out-patient counseling as referred by the IDRC), and up to $33.00 in Court Costs.
**3rd DWI in NJ:
- 8 year license suspension
- Heavy Fines
- Ignition Interlock Device for 2 – 4 years
- Jail Time of at least 180 days.