Colts Neck Township DWI Attorney
For an impressive span of 50+ years, Matthew Reisig & Luke C. Kurzawa have been the steadfast legal support for the residents of Colts Neck Township, NJ.
In their roles as local attorneys, both Matthew Reisig & Luke C. Kurzawa proudly call Monmouth County home, cultivating an intimate understanding of its legal landscape, including Courts, Judges, Prosecutors, and staff.
Arrested for DWI or related charges in Colts Neck Township? No need to worry because Reisig Criminal Defense & DWI Law, LLC stands ready to extend their expertise and assistance to those in need. In fact, here’s a couple of our solid DWI results at the Colts Neck Township Municipal Court.
Boasting an impressive track record of over 1,402 wins* or dismissals, Reisig Criminal Defense & DWI Law, LLC reaffirms its commitment to providing exceptional defense representation to both adults and juveniles.
If you or a loved one has been arrested in Colts Neck, NJ., here are important contact numbers for you to have handy.
Colts Neck Police Department
124 Cedar Dr, Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Phone: (732) 780-7323
Colts Neck Twp Municipal Court – This is where your DWI trial will take place.
124 Cedar Dr, Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Phone: (732) 431-1799
If you find yourself in need of legal aid, don’t hesitate to call 732-625-9660 or utilize the contact form on the right to arrange a FREE evaluation with an experienced DWI Defense Attorney.
How Can A DWI Defense Lawyer Assist You In Dealing With A DWI Charge?
If you’ve been charged with DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) in NJ, a DWI Defense Lawyer can be your valuable ally. They have the expertise to guide you through the legal process and protect your rights.
A DWI Defense Lawyer will thoroughly investigate your case, review evidence, and build a strong defense strategy. They can negotiate with prosecutors on your behalf and may help reduce charges or penalties. With their knowledge of DWI laws, they can explain your options and provide you with sound advice.
Having a skilled DWI Defense Lawyer by your side can make a significant difference in handling the complexities of a DWI charge and striving for the best possible outcome.
Here’s a quick overview of the DWI & related charges we can assist with:
- DUI – Under the influence of Drugs
- Driving While Suspended After a DWI
- DWI arrest for Juveniles
- License Suspension & Revocation
- Arrested for you 2nd, 3rd or 4th DWI
- DWI conviction Appeal
- DWI Arrest for Commercial Drivers (CDL)
- DUI arrest while serving in the Military
- Out of State Driver arrested for DWI
- DWI While Boating
- How To Beat A DWI
- DWI Penalties in New Jersey
- Alternatives to Jail after a DWI Arrest
- DWI Test Refusal
- DWI Field Sobriety Tests
- Ignition Interlock Device For DWI
- Reliability of Breath Tests
If convicted of a DWI, you may face fines, license suspension or revocation, probation, mandatory alcohol education programs, community service, or even imprisonment, depending on the severity of the offense and any prior convictions.
These legal consequences can have long-lasting effects on your record and future opportunities. If you or a family member has been arrested for DWI or related charges in Colts Neck Township, give Reisig Criminal Defense & DWI Law a call at 732-625-9660.
What Are The Classifications For A DWI In New Jersey?
In New Jersey, the classifications for DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) offenses are based on the blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level and any previous DWI convictions. The classifications are as follows:
- General Impairment: If your BAC is between 0.08% and 0.10% and you are a first-time offender, you can be charged with a DWI.
- High BAC: If your BAC is 0.10% or higher but less than 0.15% and you are a first-time offender, you can be charged with a higher-level DWI.
- Very High BAC: If your BAC is 0.15% or higher, regardless of whether it is your first offense or not, you can be charged with a more severe DWI.
- Underage DWI: If you are under 21 years old and your BAC is 0.01% or higher, you can face charges for underage DWI.
- Repeat Offenses: If you have previous DWI convictions, subsequent offenses will lead to more severe penalties and longer license suspensions.
It’s essential to remember that DWI laws can be complex and penalties may vary depending on the specific circumstances of each case. If you find yourself facing a DWI charge in Colts Neck Township, New Jersey, seeking legal counsel from an experienced DWI Defense Lawyer can help you understand your rights and build a strong defense.
What Are The Potential Repercussions Of A DWI Conviction In New Jersey?
A DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) conviction in New Jersey can result in various repercussions, which may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the case and whether it is a first-time offense or a repeat offense. Some potential repercussions of a DWI conviction in New Jersey include:
- License Suspension: A DWI conviction may lead to a driver’s license suspension, ranging from several months to years, depending on the BAC level and prior convictions.
- Fines: DWI convictions can come with substantial fines, which can vary based on the BAC level and number of prior offenses.
- Ignition Interlock Device: The court may order the installation of an ignition interlock device on the offender’s vehicle, which requires the driver to pass a breathalyzer test before starting the car.
- Probation: In some cases, probation may be imposed, requiring the offender to adhere to specific conditions and regularly report to a probation officer.
- Mandatory Alcohol Education Programs: The court may order the completion of alcohol education or treatment programs, which can come with associated costs.
- Community Service: DWI offenders may be required to perform community service hours as part of their sentence.
- Increased Insurance Rates: A DWI conviction can lead to significantly higher auto insurance premiums or the possibility of being denied coverage by some insurance companies.
- Criminal Record: A DWI conviction results in a permanent criminal record, which can impact future job prospects and other opportunities.
- Jail Time: In some cases, especially with repeat offenses or severe circumstances, a DWI conviction may result in jail time.
It’s crucial to note that these are general potential repercussions, and the actual penalties may vary depending on the specific details of each case.
If you are facing a DWI charge in New Jersey, seeking legal representation from an experienced DWI Defense Lawyer can be essential in navigating the legal process and working towards the best possible outcome.
What Are My Rights If I Am Charged With a DWI in NJ?
If you are charged with a DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) in New Jersey, you have certain rights that are protected by law. Some of your rights in this situation include:
- Right to Remain Silent: You have the right to remain silent and not incriminate yourself. You do not have to answer any questions from law enforcement without the presence of an attorney.
- Right to Legal Representation: You have the right to hire an attorney to represent you during the legal process. If you cannot afford an attorney, one may be appointed for you by the court.
- Right to Due Process: You have the right to a fair and impartial legal process. This means that your case will be heard before a judge or jury, and you have the right to present evidence and witnesses in your defense.
- Right to Challenge Evidence: You have the right to challenge the evidence presented against you, including the validity of any breathalyzer or blood tests administered.
- Right to Presumption of Innocence: You are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The burden of proof is on the prosecution to demonstrate your guilt.
- Right to Refuse Chemical Testing: While there are consequences for refusing to take a breathalyzer or blood test, you do have the right to refuse these tests. However, refusal may result in an automatic driver’s license suspension.
- Right to Appeal: If you are found guilty, you have the right to appeal the decision to a higher court.
- Right to a Speedy Trial: You have the right to a timely trial, without unnecessary delays.
It’s important to exercise your rights responsibly and in accordance with the law. If you are charged with a DWI in Colts Neck Township, New Jersey, it is highly advisable to seek legal counsel from an experienced DWI Defense Lawyer who can guide you through the legal process, protect your rights, and work towards the best possible outcome for your case.
Is it possible for a DWI Conviction in New Jersey to remain on my record indefinitely?
In New Jersey, a DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) conviction will remain on your driving record permanently. The state of New Jersey does not offer expungement or the removal of DWI convictions from a person’s driving record. As a result, the conviction will be accessible to law enforcement, courts, and insurance companies for an indefinite period.
Additionally, New Jersey has a look-back period for sentencing purposes, which means that previous DWI convictions within a specified time-frame can result in increased penalties for subsequent offenses. The look-back period in New Jersey is ten years, meaning that if you are convicted of a second DWI within ten years of a prior DWI conviction, you will face more severe penalties compared to a first-time offender.
Given the serious and lasting consequences of a DWI conviction, it’s crucial to take any DWI charges seriously and seek legal representation from an experienced DWI Defense Lawyer who can provide guidance, protect your rights, and work towards the best possible outcome for your case.
Why Choosing a Local DWI Attorney Can Make All the Difference When You Face A Judge In Colts Neck Township, New Jersey
Choosing a local DWI attorney can make all the difference when facing a judge in New Jersey due to several important reasons.
Familiarity with Local Courts and Procedures: A local DWI attorney is well-versed in the specific courts and procedures of the area. They have experience dealing with local judges, prosecutors, and court staff, which can provide valuable insights and strategies to navigate your case effectively.
Understanding of Local Laws and Sentencing Practices: Each jurisdiction may have unique laws and sentencing practices for DWI cases. A local attorney is familiar with these nuances, allowing them to tailor a defense strategy that aligns with the local legal landscape.
Relationships with Prosecutors: Local DWI attorneys often have established relationships with prosecutors. This can facilitate open communication and negotiation, potentially leading to more favorable outcomes for your case.
Knowledge of Local Resources: Local attorneys are well-connected within the community and may have access to resources that can be beneficial for your defense, such as expert witnesses or treatment programs.
Convenience and Accessibility: Working with a local attorney provides convenience and accessibility. You can easily meet in person to discuss your case, and they are readily available to address any concerns or questions you may have.
Personalized Attention: Local attorneys typically handle a smaller caseload compared to larger firms, allowing them to provide more personalized attention to your case and focus on its specific details.
Quick Response Time: In legal matters, time is often of the essence. A local attorney can respond promptly to your needs and take immediate action when necessary.
Credibility and Reputation: Local attorneys who have a strong presence in the community often carry a positive reputation, which can enhance their credibility with judges and other legal professionals.
Understanding Local Juries: In the event that your case goes to trial, a local attorney understands the community and can better anticipate how local juries might respond to different defense strategies.
Overall, choosing a local DWI attorney in New Jersey provides you with a valuable advantage when facing a judge. Their experience, knowledge of local laws and practices, and familiarity with the court system can greatly impact the outcome of your case and increase your chances of a favorable resolution.
Seek the Assistance of a DWI Defense Attorney if You Want to Protect Your NJ Driver’s License & Record
Seeking the assistance of a DWI defense attorney is crucial if you want to protect your NJ driver’s license for several important reasons:
- Knowledge of DWI Laws: DWI defense attorneys have a deep understanding of New Jersey’s DWI laws and regulations. They can navigate the complexities of the legal system and use their expertise to build a strong defense tailored to your specific case.
- Protecting Your Rights: A DWI defense attorney will ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process. They will safeguard you from self-incrimination and ensure that law enforcement respects your constitutional rights.
- Challenging Evidence: DWI defense attorneys have the skills to challenge the evidence presented against you. They can question the accuracy of breathalyzer or blood test results and identify potential flaws in the prosecution’s case.
- Negotiating with Prosecutors: Experienced DWI defense attorneys can negotiate with prosecutors to potentially reduce charges or penalties. They can advocate for alternatives to license suspension or explore plea deals that may be in your best interest.
- Understanding Administrative Hearings: In addition to criminal proceedings, DWI cases often involve administrative hearings to address potential license suspension. A DWI defense attorney can represent you during these hearings and work to protect your driving privileges.
- Minimizing Penalties: If you are convicted of a DWI, a defense attorney can work to minimize the impact of the penalties you may face. They may seek opportunities for rehabilitation programs or alternative sentencing options.
- Knowledge of the Court System: DWI defense attorneys are familiar with the court system in New Jersey, including local judges and prosecutors. This familiarity can provide valuable insights into how to approach your case effectively.
- Potential Dismissal or Acquittal: A skilled DWI defense attorney will explore all avenues to challenge the prosecution’s case. In some instances, they may be able to get the charges against you dismissed or secure an acquittal in court.
- Peace of Mind: Dealing with a DWI charge can be overwhelming and stressful. Having a DWI defense attorney by your side provides peace of mind, knowing that a knowledgeable professional is advocating for your best interests.
- Preserving Your Future Opportunities: Avoiding a DWI conviction can help protect your driving record and prevent long-term consequences that could affect your employment, insurance rates, and future opportunities.
Overall, seeking the assistance of a DWI defense attorney is critical if you want to protect your NJ driver’s license and navigate the legal process with the best chance of a favorable outcome. Their expertise and guidance can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case.
Contact A Colts Neck Township DWI Lawyer
If you are facing DWI charges in Colts Neck, New Jersey, don’t hesitate to reach out to a skilled criminal defense lawyer. Reisig Criminal Defense & DWI Law is here to provide the expertise and dedication needed to protect your rights and defend your case. Our team will tirelessly work to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
With Matthew Reisig’s extensive experience in handling over thousands of cases, we possess a deep understanding of the law and court system.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with a Colts Neck DWI defense attorney and learn more about how we can help you.
Reisig Criminal Defense & DWI Law, LLC
1 Broad St
Freehold, NJ 07728