If I Plead Guilty To DUI In Another State, Will New Jersey Treat That As A Prior Conviction In My Current Case?

Possibly. DUI/DWI convictions in other states can be entered as stand-ins in New Jersey proceedings for prior offenses.

There are defenses though. The state will assume that you were convicted (or plead guilty) to driving with a Blood Alcohol Content of .08%, which is the statutory limit in New Jersey.

If that was not proven in your prior case, or you were convicted under circumstances that did not meet that threshold, it may be possible for the out-of-state DUI to be ignored in a DWI prosecution in New Jersey.

The first step in taking care of your DWI issue in New Jersey is hiring the right lawyer.

Attorney Matthew Reisig has represented more than 1,001 DWI defendants who were not convicted.

Call 732-625-9660 today to talk to an experienced New Jersey DWI attorney.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Free Case Review

No office visit required - we will be happy to talk to you about your situation. Available 24 Hours A Day
Local: 1-732-625-9660
Toll Free: 1-888-628-8394

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.