Can I Move Out Of New Jersey And Get A Driver’s License After A DUI Conviction?

In general, the answer is no.

Most states have signed a compact in which they agree to share information about DUI convictions, so a New Jersey resident can’t hop across the border and get an apartment in New York or Pennsylvania and wait out their license suspension.

Neither state, like nearly all other US states, will allow you to get a license if you’re facing a New Jersey suspension or revocation.

Your best bet if you’ve been charged with DUI in New Jersey is to work with an experienced DUI attorney who can shield you from the worst consequences of a DUI conviction – like a long license suspension.

Attorney Matthew Reisig has helped more than 1,000 New Jersey drivers avoid conviction on DUI charges, and he can make a big difference in your DUI case.

Call 732-625-9660 today for a free consultation.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Free Case Review

No office visit required - we will be happy to talk to you about your situation. Available 24 Hours A Day
Local: 1-732-625-9660
Toll Free: 1-888-628-8394

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.